INTERNATIONAL KUNDALINI YOGA TEACHER TRAINING February-July 2016
INTERNATIONAL KUNDALINI YOGA TEACHER TRAINER PROGRAM
LEVEL I INSTRUCTOR: FOUNDATIONS
ORGANIZED BY: Golden Temple Academy
TRAINERS: Khartar Singh (Lead Trainer)
Guru Purkh Sing, M.D. (Associate Teacher)
In collaboration with Mookshi Wellness Center
The KRI Level One Aquarian Teacher Training Program is a 220-hour professional certification program in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan ®. An interactive course in the theory, practice, and basic skills of a Kundalini Yoga instructor, it includes 180 hours of classroom instruction and 40 hours of independent study: service projects, a 40-day meditation, and White Tantric Yoga. Graduates of Level One earn the title of KRI Certified Instructor of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan® and fulfill the Yoga Alliance RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) 200-hour requirement. Foundations introduces the student to the principles and practices of the self-sensory human, and explores how Kundalini Yoga and yogic lifestyle can harmonize and uplift the human experience and awaken your true potential.
COMPONENTS IN THE LEVEL ONE PROGRAM:
1. Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras, and pranayam (breathing techniques).
2. Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga TeacherThe history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living), including diet, nutrition, and relationships.
3. Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional AnatomyTraditional Western anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the ten yogic bodies.
4. Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden ChainThe skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
5. The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the MasterConnect with Yogi Bhajan through DVD classes and study.
6.The Practicum: Teaching from Day One Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of a KRI Yoga Teacher Trainer, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
YOGA BASICS. What is Yoga - yoga varieties - Brief History of Yoga. Age of Aquarius – Golden Chain- Spiritual Master - Sutras of Patanjali.
BREATHING & KRIYA. Yogic breathing-pranayam; breathing frequency; breath benefits; retention; Breath of Fire; types of pranayam. The Kriya, Asanas, Bandhas, Mudras, the navel, relaxation.
LIFE & YOGIC SADHANA. Discipline, Attitude and Mastery- Mantras of the Age of Aquarius. Yogic Lifestyle. Mind and meditation. Basic characteristics of the mind; balanced mind; prayer and meditation; types of meditation
NAAD YOGA - Yoga Mantras calm your mind and guide you in the research into new states of consciousness.
POSITIONS & ALIGNMENT. The navel point. The geometry of the position; bhandas refining; tips for teaching positions.
YOGA PHILOSOPHY. The concepts that define this style of life, their answers to the meaning of life and their vision of the universe around us.
YOGIC ANATOMY. The Tatwas; the Nadis and Kundalini; The chakras or energy vortices; ten spiritual bodies.
HUMANOLOGY. Man-Woman and relationships. Karma and Dharma. Death and Reincarnation. The cycles of success and prosperity. Conscious communication.
IDENTITY OF A TEACHER. Fundamental laws; Definition; Golden Chain; the perfect teachers; code of ethics.
REQUIREMENTS FOR KRI LEVEL ONE INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION
Full payment of the required fees.
Attending fully the teaching clases of the course
Participate at least 10 group Sadhanas morning.
Receive a satisfactory evaluation of the practicum.
Complete tasks at home and in class
Approve all oral or written examinations on the subjects covered in class.
40 hours of homework assigned (exclusive study guide, reading Japji Sahib, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, complete view of Master Touch Yogi Bhajan DVD collection).
Create two examples of teaching programs (projects).
Complete a series of yoga / meditation for 40 days with a written diary.
Attend 20 classes KRI Kundalini Yoga teacher during the course and before completion.
Attend a full day of White Tantric Yoga
Properly represent and sign the Code of Professional Ethics for Teachers of Kundalini Yoga.
Participate in online events: webinar tutoring, group meetings, and virtual classrooms.
February 19,20,21 (Guru Purkh)
Mar 4, 5,6 (Guru Purkh)
Apr 1,2, 3 (Guru Purkh)
May 6,7, 8 (Guru Purkh)
June Retreat 9-13 (Kartar)
July 1,2,3 (Kartar)
7:00 – 09:00 pm
Lunch 2.00-3:00 pm
Class: 3:00-7:00 pm
*each week there will be a Kundalini Yoga class on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30pm
PRICE OF THE COURSE:
Application Fee (applicable towards total price of the course): $250
One time payment (after application fee): $2,750 (includes retreat) =$3,000
Monthly payment( after application fee): $750 initial payment+ 5 monthly payments of $450 = $3,250 (includes retreat)
***Registration required by Feb.15th, 2016
Please address any additional questions to email@example.com or call 412-407-7829
Application Fee (applicable toward full tuition of $3,000) $250.00 USD
Full Tuition (includes application fee) $3,000.00 USD
First Installment/Payment Plan (after application fee) $750.00 USD
All collective teaching.
Book and Manual "Aquarian Teacher".
Golden Temple Academy assessments and certification.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
White Tantric Yoga.
Travel and subsistence expenses of the retreat.
Books and videos of Yogi Bhajan reading.
Final evaluation and rights of international KRI certificate (Kundalini Research Institute) and Kundalini Yoga instructor level 1.
Guru Purkh Singh
MD, PhD, Pulmonologist.
Associate Professor of Kundalini Yoga (certified by KRI, IKYTA and AEKY).
Vice-chair of Spanish Association of Theraputhic Yoga (AEYT)
Teacher and Yoga Teacher Trainer with more than 30 years of experience.
Graduate of the most prestigious institutions KRI yoga, AEKY, IKYTA and Yoga Alliance.
Director of the Golden Temple Academy, Barcelona, Spain.